I was unable to import a SQL file into my local XAMPP setup for testing and possible use as a staging site. I was able to get past the first few errors with some tweaks to the php.ini file, but I was still getting the following error:
1 errors were found during analysis.
Unrecognized keyword. (near "ON" at position 25)
SQL query: Edit Edit
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = ON;
MySQL said: Documentation
#2006 - MySQL server has gone away
I tried several tweaks until I finally found something that worked:
Make the following changes in the XAMPP configuration files
max_execution_time = 600
max_input_time = 600
memory_limit = 1024M
post_max_size = 1024M
In XAMPP\mysql\my.ini (click configure button on MYSQL line in XAMPP Control Panel)
max_allowed_packet = 1024M
Don’t forget to Stop and Start the Apache Server and the MYSQL server in the XAMPP Control Panel.
After saying a lot of bad words and repeatedly Googling the error, I found the answer on these 2 sites.