A customer had a problem. A printer on his local network only worked from one computer. Previously both computers had access to the printer. It turned out that the printer in question was connected to the computer that was working and shared so it could be used by the other computer. The connection was blocked because the second computer was not logged in to the first computer.
The solution was simple:
- Open File Explorer on <computer 2> (the computer that uses the shared printer connection).
- In the left pane select Network.
- In the right pane double click <computer 1> (the computer physically connected to the printer).
- In the dialog box that pops up enter "\\<computer 1>\<computer 1 username>" (without quotes) as the username and type the password for the computer 1 user user. Note that the username can be the username for any profile on computer 1.
- After the login is complete, test the printer.