I often get a question from a customer regarding how to create a hyperlink in a document. In general the customers want to refer to a particular website in an email.
This works in Word or in an Outlook email to link to a URL (website)
- Select the URL that you want to link to.
- Right click the selected URL.
- Click Copy.
- In your document or email select the text that you want to use for the link.
- Right click the selected text.
- On the pop-up menu, click Link.
- On the dialog that pops up, right click in the Address block.
- On the pop-up menu, click Paste.
- The text will turn blue and be linked to the selected URL.
- Note that the word Link above is linked to my website, where I have posted this procedure for future reference.
Beyond linking to a URL, this technique can be used to link to a file on your computer, an email address, or a particular spot in a document.